What AMLOD 5MG is used for?
- It is used to treat high blood pressure (hypertension) and a type of chest pain called angina.
Talk to your doctor before taking this medicine, If you:
- are allergic to amlodipine.
- ever had heart or liver problems.
- If you are pregnant, or plan to become pregnant. Your doctor will decide if AMLOD 5MG is the best treatment for you.
- Do not breast-feed while taking AMLOD 5MG.
- Consult your doctor for advice.
Tell your doctor if you are taking any other prescription medicines, including any other blood pressure medicines or medicine used to treat heart ailments.
Please tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking or have recently taken medicines such as,
- verapamil, diltiazem, that can lower blood pressure.
- Ketoconazole and itraconazole (antifungal medicines used to treat skin and fungal infections).
- Clarithromycin, erythromycin and telithromycin, rifampicin, rifabutin (antibiotics).
- Nefazodone (medicine to treat depression).
- John’s wort (Hypericum perforatum; herbal medicine for depression).
- Dexamethasone (corticosteroid used to treat inflammatory and autoimmune conditions such as rheumatoid arthritis).
- verapamil, diltiazem (heart medicines).
- dantrolene (infusion for severe body temperature abnormalities).
- tacrolimus (medicine used to alter the way your immune system works).
- simvastatin (cholesterol lowering medicine).
- cyclosporine (an immunosuppressant).
- Phenobarbital, phenytoin and carbamazepine (medicines for epilepsy).
- Ritonavir, Indinavir, Nelfinavir, Nevirapine (antiviral medicine used to treat HIV and AIDS).
- Sildenafil (medicine for impotence).
- Always take this medicine exactly as your doctor has told you.
- Take AMLOD 5MG once a day, with or without food.
- Swallow the whole tablet with a glass of water.
- Do not chew or break.
If you take more AMLOD 5MG
- Do not take more than one dose of AMLOD 5MG at a time.
If you forget to take AMLOD 5MG
- If you miss a dose, take it as soon as you remember. Do not take AMLOD 5MG if it has been more than 12 hours since you missed your last dose. Wait and take the next dose at your regular time.
If you stop taking AMLOD 5MG
- Your doctor will advise you how long to take this medicine. Your condition may return if you stop using this medicine before you are advised.
- Do not take this medicine after the expiry date.
- swelling of your legs or ankles.
- tiredness, extreme sleepiness.
- stomach pain, nausea.
- flushing (hot or warm feeling in your face).
- arrhythmia (irregular heartbeat).
- heart palpitations (very fast heartbeat).
- muscle rigidity, tremor and/or abnormal muscle movement.
- a heart attack or your angina may get worse.
High Blood Pressure (hypertension)
- High blood pressure comes from blood pushing too hard against your blood vessels. AMLOD 5MG relaxes your blood vessels, which lets your blood flow more easily and helps lower your blood pressure
- Drugs that lower blood pressure lower your risk of having a stroke or heart attack.
- Angina is a pain or discomfort that keeps coming back when part of your heart does not get enough blood. Angina feels like a pressing or squeezing pain, usually in your chest under the breastbone.
- Sometimes you can feel it in your shoulders, arms, neck, jaws, or back. AMLOD 5MG can relieve this pain.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Store at room temperature (15-25ºC).